FIFTY (50) YEAR FULLY TRANSFERABLE LIMITED WARRANTY
FIFTY (50) YEAR WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS WARRANTY
TWENTY FIVE (25) YEAR APPEARANCE WARRANTY
120-MILES PER HOUR WIND SPEED WARRANTY AND HAIL STONE IMPACT PENETRATION
Metrotile Manufacturing Company (d.b.a Metro Roof Products) (Hereafter called ‘MRP’) hereby warrants each Metro roofing panel it sells will be free from manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials, will resist hail damage, and will not blow off in any wind up to 120 miles per hour, for fifty years from the date of installation under the terms and conditions set out below. For the purpose of this limited warranty, hail damage is defined as penetration of hail stones completely through the panel and/or cracking or splits of the panel steel substrate around the point of impact. This "limited warranty" shall extend to the original purchaser who has the panels installed as part of the roof they own and to subsequent owners of the roof. MRP’s obligation under this warranty shall be, at its option to repair or replace the defective panel(s), provided MRP’s liability shall be limited to a total expenditure not too exceed the original cost of the particular defective panel(s) during the first twenty years after installation and declining annually on a prorated basis over the thirty years thereafter.
MRP also warrants, for the first twenty-five years from the date of installation, if the surface coating of the panel deteriorates to the extent the appearance of the roof is substantially affected, taking all the circumstances into account, then MRP will, at its option, either repair or replace the panel(s) or apply Metrobond surface coating or similar surface coating to the panel(s); provided that the liability of MRP with respect to the surface coating shall be limited to a total expenditure not too exceed the original cost of the particular panel or panels during the first twenty years after the installation and declining annually on a prorated basis over the five years thereafter.
This warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- A written notice of change of ownership of the roof must be sent by the subsequent owner, within 30 days from change of ownership, by registered mail to MRP at its address set forth below.
- A written notice of defect must be sent by registered mail to MRP at its address set forth below. The notice must contain the name and address of the owner of the claimed defective panel or panels and must describe the defect in detail.
- This warranty shall not apply to any damage caused by not following the manufacturer’s instructions for walking on the roof, and damage caused by defects, movement or subsidence in the structure on which the roof is installed, nor any damage caused by failure to follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions. Whether a Metro panel roof is leak proof or not depends almost entirely on how the panels are installed and therefore no warranty is made by MRP as to whether roofs containing panels covered by this warranty will prove to be leak proof. A separate warranty covering installation of the panels may be made available from the installation contractor.
- This warranty is the only warranty MRP makes in respect of the Metro Roof Products it sells. Dealers and installers of the Metro Roof Products roofing panels are not authorized to extend or modify the terms of this warranty in any manner.
- MRP shall have no liability for any consequential, incidental indirect or special damage or loss of any kind whatsoever (including but not limited to damage caused by leaks). Some states do not allow the exclusion or, limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- There shall be no implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose beyond the term of this warranty or beyond the term prescribed by the laws of the state in which the panels are sold if that term is shorter than the term of this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
- No warranty shall apply to any Metro Roof Products roofing panels modified, altered or changed in design or function after it has left the factory, except when the alteration is required by the manufacturer’s installation instructions. No warranty shall apply if any warranty repair work, except temporary emergency repairs, is done by any service or repair representative not approved by MRP.
- The replacement of any Metro Roof Products roofing panel by MRP shall not extend the term of this warranty except as required by law.
- This warranty gives the original purchaser of Metro Roof Products roofing panels specific legal rights and you may also have other rights under state or federal law.
- This warranty shall not be binding on MRP unless the purchaser makes payment in full for the panels covered by this warranty.
- If any provision of this "limited warranty" is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force with out being impaired or invalidated in any way.