300 E. Richey
(575) 746-2412
304 E. Wood
(575) 887-9000
1900 E. Poe
(575) 623-5555
2741 81st St. (Phone sales only)
(806) 744-7092



Building Components

1. Endwall Columns Endwall columns are located vertically at each end of the building and are primary support structures for the endwalls, and, depending on the building, support the entire building. In wide buildings, there may be several endwall columns.
2. Endwall Girts Endwall girts are located horizontally along the endwall and will be bolted to the endwall columns. They are used for extra support of the endwalls and are what the endwall panels are screwed into.
3. Endwall Rafters Endwall rafters are located horizontally along the top at either end of the building and provide support for the roof
4. Rigid Frame Rigid frames are used in buildings longer than 25 feet. Long buildings require support throughout the center of them. Rigid Frames consist of two columns on either side of the building and support the rafters. Rigid Frames are spaced 20-25 feet apart and attached to the foundation with bolts. Wall girts and roof purlins are attached to the rigid frames.
5. Eave Strut Two eave struts run horizontally across the top along the length of the building on each side. They provide a surface to attach trim and are where the roofing panels will be screwed into.
6. Sidewall Girts Sidewall girts are placed horizontally along the sidewall. They are bolted to the endwall columns and rigid frame(s) (if present), and will support the sidewall and sidewall panels.
7. Roof Purlins The roof purlins provide strength to the roof, and a surface for the roof panels to attach.
8. Cable Bracing Once every 100 feet or so, cable bracing will be inserted into a bay to give extra strength to the building. The size of the building will determine the number of cable bracings required.
9. Sidewall Panels Sidewall panels enclose and secure the building. Wall Panels are attached to endwall girts and sidewall girts.
10 Roof Panels Roof panels secure the top of the building and are attached to the roof purlins.
TRIM (not pictured)
Rake TrimRake trim is found at either end of the building and is used to seal the joint where the roof meets the endwall.
Corner TrimCorner trim is found at the corners and is used to seal the endwall/sidewall joints.
Eave TrimEave trim is used when the roof panels are flush with the sidewall to seal that joint. If the building has an eave overhang, eave trim is not necessary.
GuttersGutters can be used on buildings that have eave trim to control the water run-off from the roof.